This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra - New Beverly to reopen tonite!
- On Today's LAist poll, the majority of readers say yes to separating the Purple Line from what some dub as the Pink Line, which would serve the transit-ready WeHo. Keep those votes coming in!
- After Sherman Torgan's unexpected death last week, the New Beverly reopens tonight. Come on. Give them some love. You know you wanna.
- If you want to be able to afford living in Downtown LA, maybe the could-be-passed-into-law 250 sq. ft. apartments will fit your transit lifestyle.
- Black is the new black and Drew Carey is the new Bob Barker on Price is Right.
- Controversy over at Johnny Cochran's law firm.
- Conflict in the Griffith Park Recovery Plan.
- No wonder we couldn't Yelp about our fav restaurants or find a roommate on Craigslist. The internet in San Francisco ran into some power problems.
- Will the city add 44 counterterrorism officers to the LAPD?
- Falling 30 ft. can kill you. A construction worker in Temecula fell off a building today.
- A surveillance video has been released of the car involved in Saturday's hit-and-run death of a LA City Paramedic.