This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A Starbucks in Sherman Oaks as victim of a hit-and-run.
- You can't deny a blogs influence on local politics and city services these days.
- Who knew? Kangaroo skin is illegal to sell in California. Sorry Adidas.
- Celebrity stylist Stacy Young cannot add new allegations against Jamie Foxx in breach of contract case.
- The Feds have finally arrived to inspect 'Killer King,' or Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital.
- At it again with UCLA and Monkeys and Animal Activists.
- Tiger Team III began ticketing and towing on Crenshaw Blvd. this morning.
- According to Councilman Eric Garcetti's girlfriend's little bro, said politician's relationship with said girlfriend is loving.
- Los Angeles is one of the least affordable US cities.
- Uggs, Cowboy Boots and now Kilts as fashion for Los Angeles.
- Wifi is on its way citywide by 2009, but it will spread around downtown before then.
- *UPDATE: Smoke at Universal City Metro Red Line Subway station at 5:37 p.m. was an overheated elevator motor only (via LAFD).