This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- KPCC has the story behind a bust of George Washington on display at the Huntington.
- Who serves up the best Boba in DTLA?
- The OC Register offers up 7 reasons why Prince William and his new bride Kate would feel at home in Orange County.
- Look who's Tweeting: Hail to the (second-in-line-to-the) Chief!
- Planning to eat a hot dog for dinner? Check out which ones rank the best--or wurst, haha--among national brands.
- The latest "Transformers" flick brought in some big bucks this weekend at the box office. Have you seen it yet?
- One use for vacated Blockbuster Video stores? How about as a Fresh & Easy supermarket.
- From all of us here at LAist (and Little Edie, as seen above) a very happy and safe 4th of July to all our readers!
Southern California's Snow-Capped Mountains Are Beautiful. Here's Where To Maximize The View (And Snap A Great Picture)It's been many, many years since we saw this much snow in our mountains. Going up there right now isn't safe, but here are some places where you can enjoy the view and snap a pic.
April Valentine died at Centinela Hospital. Her daughter was born by emergency C-section. She'd gone into the pregnancy with a plan, knowing Black mothers like herself were at higher risk.
A look at years past when snows creeped into our citified neighborhoods, away from the mountains and foothills.
In the face of a drier future, that iconic piece of Americana is on its way out in Southern California.
Another Missing Hiker Has Been Found Dead In San Gabriels As Search For Actor Julian Sands ContinuesBob Gregory, 62, went missing the same day as Sands. His body was recovered near Mount Islip.