This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- KPCC has the story behind a bust of George Washington on display at the Huntington.
- Who serves up the best Boba in DTLA?
- The OC Register offers up 7 reasons why Prince William and his new bride Kate would feel at home in Orange County.
- Look who's Tweeting: Hail to the (second-in-line-to-the) Chief!
- Planning to eat a hot dog for dinner? Check out which ones rank the best--or wurst, haha--among national brands.
- The latest "Transformers" flick brought in some big bucks this weekend at the box office. Have you seen it yet?
- One use for vacated Blockbuster Video stores? How about as a Fresh & Easy supermarket.
- From all of us here at LAist (and Little Edie, as seen above) a very happy and safe 4th of July to all our readers!