Extra, Extra: Walking Pico Blvd., end to end.
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- We told you they were coming to speak on global warming, now here's what happened at yesterday's Presidential Forum in West LA.
- For the second time this month, fire officials are preparing for more wildfires as dry winds approach.
- Mission Viejo in Orange County is dubbed safest city in America. Sorry Detroit, you're back at the bottom of this list. However, these numbers came from a private research group and people, including the FBI, are crying foul.
- Click, click, clickity snap snap. The New York Times looks into our Paparazzi scene.
- Everyone's freaking out about city salaries on the upward slope. Maybe the city just needs to become more lean with highly paid people who can get shit done efficiently.
- The Los Angeles Times Magazine runs a story on what it's like inside the "money palaces" where political fundraisers are held. Welcome to the home of Ariana Huffington and others.
- San Diego: "Two people were killed and six wounded, including a state drug agent, during an incident that began with the surveillance of two drug suspects and ended with one of the suspects running onto Interstate 805 and exchanging gunfire with San Diego police, officials said today."
- Walking Pico Blvd. from the historic Coca-Cola building at Central Avenue westward to the surf of Santa Monica beach is 15.76 miles. Will Campbell did it on the second-annual Great L.A. Walk and took lots of pictures.