This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Exta, Extra, Inventor of the Remote Dies - Turn Your TV On and Off 21 Times as a Salute
- Robert Adler died this week at 93 years old. He invented the wireless tv remote a little over 50 years ago, finally giving men an important responsibility around the house - AP
- When Britney Spears shaved off all her hair yesterday, did she do it because of all the constant attention from the paparazzi? And if so, why didn't she move back to Louisiana for a spell? - Celebrity Baby Blog
- Barack Obama to meet the Liberal Hollywood mafia on Tuesday - Telegraph
- Ever notice that when overthetop Conservative bloggers shut the hell up about politics they start being smart again? Hugh Hewitt's tips for the LA Times are actually really good - LA Observed
- LAPD announces the Cancellation of Full Rights of Immigrants - blogging.la
- Carlos Mencia wonders if Joe Rogan is gay - Mark and Mercedes
- Wil Wheaton wonders what's happened to Digg - WWdN IE
- If you're flying with JetBlue in the next few days, keep an eye on the status of your flight - WMC
- Anna Nicole's physician claims that what he did by giving her pills while pregnant was "appropriate" - LAT
- LAPD officer arrested for allegedly raping 17-year-old Chino girl - Daily Bulletin
- Company founded by Winnie the Pooh illustrator is one step closer to winning their $2+ billion lawsuit against Disney - Monsters and Critics
- Bank of America's lets-give-illegals-credit-card test here in LA is going over like a lead balloon with critics - Baltimore Sun
- Think it was hot in town today? Our Brazilian sister site Sampaist has some excellent pics of Carnaval - Sampaist
photo by Lush.i.ous via LAist Featured Fotos
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.