TV Junkie: NBC Day at the TCAs; 'Rubicon' Premieres On Sunday
Weekend EditionToday was NBC presentation day at the Television Critics Association. The news of the day:
- "30 Rock" will be doing some live broadcasts with separate shows for both the East and West Coast.
- Rob Lowe will be joining "Parks and Recreation" as a regular cast member.
- None of the cast or producers of "Outsourced" has been to India or a call center.
- "Law & Order: Los Angeles" will have an episode that involves a surfer and the surf scene in Los Angeles, thus proving that it is a truly revolutionary and relevant show. Creator Dick Wolfe also said that celebrity crime will be a part of the show - remarkable!
- NBC says that it "learned from its mistakes of the last year" but no contrition or admission of what the mistakes were.
Check out our videos from the past view days, they're at the end of the post and include: Zeljko Ivanek (whom we ask about what happens to his character on "True Blood"), Scott Caan about how his comedy chops will be utilized in his role as Det. Danny ‘Danno’ Williams in CBS’ ”Hawaii Five-O”, Katy Mixon (who discusses her work on HBO’s “Eastbound & Down” and CBS’ “Mike and Molly”), and Dax Shepard (with a few words on working on "Parenthood").
It's an AMC Sunday as the network premieres 2 hours of "Rubicon" at 8pm followed by "Mad Men" - thankfully HBO's lineup repeats throughout the evening. According to NPR's review of "Rubicon", it's not a show that you can multitask while watching - details and plot twists about.
The TV Junkie Plan: Tonight - "Friday Night Lights", "The Neistat Brothers", "The Pillars of the Earth", Ferguson (Mary Lynn Rajskub). Saturday - "Being Human", "Kevin Pollak: The Littlest Suspect". Sunday - "Rubicon", "Rubicon", "Mad Men".