This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Cliched, but true: I have so many things to be thankful for this year. Here's a random sampling because there are way too many to list:
- Sarah Palin (and Tina Fey) for bringing me the gifts of laughter and mirth. You betcha!
- Ann Coulter for illustrating the beauty in silence.
- The mushroom pizza at Mozza.
- Barack Obama for proving that hope still exists.
- The American voters who had faith in the Democratic process.
- The summer grape tomatoes at the SCV farmers market.
- And finally, of course, to my family, friends and hubby and dog Kirby who've shown me the true meaning of love and friendship. And patience.
Happy Thanksgiving, LA!