See The Blow Cuz The Blow Say So!
Having just completed their latest K Records joint Paper Television, indie electro-pop kids and hope-magnets The Blow are on a tour of miniature proportions and are coming to an L.A. near you!
Tomorrow nite the dynamic duo will be kicking out the jams both old and new at the Smell (8pm, 247 South Main Street, includes alleged-brand-new 16,777,216 color LCD dance floor). The latter includes: a new wave lost-love ballad, a "test the limits of car stereo" bass thumper, a heartbreak snap track, and a musical explanation of why women make less money than men do.
Still not sure you should crash this party? Well, singer/songwriter Khaela Maricich and technological multi-talent Jona Bechtolt have been kind enough to plug their shit. So check ‘em out on MySpace (guaranteed approved friend requests), open that “Standalone Player” and read this shameless display of self-promotion.
Five Reasons to See The Blow:
By The Blow
1. To be present for a "Former Residents of Portland" mega-harmonic convergence of love and old friends and musical tetherball, a party of friends playing music for each other and for you, including Dear Nora, crooner Bobby Birdman, Franz Prichard and Alex Bundy, next-generation Oregon healer YACHT and yes, The Blow.
2. Franz Prichard and Alex Bundy will be providing free "energy work" throughout the evening (lower chakras only).
3. Jona and Khaela are looking for hair advice.
4. To get some sweat out, by legal methods.
5. Come to 4 Blow shows and get the 5th for absolutely free! (Proof of purchase required).