This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
How Perez Hilton Will Help Reinvent the Rubber
A few weeks ago, the L.A. County Department of Public Health announced that it was going to give New York City a run for their money and release a Los Angeles-inspired condom. Now, the judges have been announced in the citywide competition for the condom wrapper's design.
- Perez Hilton (pictured)
- Oriol Gutierrez, Deputy Editor, POZ Magazine
- David Stern, Publisher of Frontiers IN LA Magazine
- Pepe Torres, Publisher of Adelante Magazine
- Scott McPherson, Creative Director of The Advocate Magazine, HIV Plus Magazine & co-founder of The Stigma Project
- Julia Allison, relationship expert, columnist, and star of BRAVO's new reality show "Miss Advised," set to premiere June 18.
In other words, if you want Perez taking a close look at your condom, be sure to get your design in ASAP. The deadline is June 17, and designs can be submitted on the contest's website.