My Thanks in Prose
I was going to do this in anapestic pentameter, but screw that. Beyond the typical scope of these sort of things (life, family, health, friends, etc.) here are five things I'm thankful for:
1. The Dodgers. Without the Dodgers I wouldn't have a chance to torture as many people on this forum with my mangling of the English language. As torturous as some of the games were to watch, it was still gratifying to be able to vent at times. I've been in a creative funk for the last several years, so it has forced me to write. For that I am truly grateful.
2. Being Employed. After a month of unemployment, I am very very VERY happy that I got a job offer yesterday. I've never had that much time off, and I was starting to get very restless.
3. Project Runway. Did you see last night's episode? And why does everyone cry?!!!!
4. A Good Thanksgiving Football Game. Year after year the NFL Thanksgiving games have been duds. At least this year we have the joy of watching Green Bay vs. Detroit. Who would have thought both the Packers and Lions are good? I'm picking the Lions to win this.
5. Sex!! I'm going to thank all the partners I've had this year. This has probably been the most active year I've had in years. True most of the sex has been bad, but there have been a couple that was earth shatteringly good.
That's it. It's time for me to get emotionally prepared for the psychological warfare of my family. :)
Photo of pre-Thanksgiving feast (complete with friend!) by Me!