LAst Night's Action: [insert lame headline here]
UCLA Bruins defeat Oregon State Beavers 65-56. As cool as the palindromic score is, I caught parts of the second half of this game. I now know what a game between the Washington Generals and Washington Generals looks like.
Oregon Ducks defeat USC Trojans 54-44.
- While the NHL has shut down during the Olympics, the Kings are still at work in the community. On Saturday from 2:30 to 4:00 pm assorted Kings players, coaches and broadcasters will be visiting six ice rinks to conduct on-ice clinics with youth hockey players and autograph sessions with fans. The locations are as follows:
- Aliso Viejo Ice Palace - 9 Journey, 949-643-9648
- Iceoplex Simi Valley - 131 West Easy Street, 805-520-7465
- Ice Station Valencia - 27745 N. Smyth Drive, 661-775-8686
- Ice Town Riverside - 10540 Magnolia, 909-637-3070
- Pasadena Ice Skating Rink - 300 E. Green Street, 626-578-0801
- Ice Chalet, Palos Verdes - 550 Deep Valley Drive, Rolling Hills Estates, 310-541-6630
With renewed interest in hockey thanks to the Olympics, now is as good of a time as any to notice that the Kings are 37-20-4 with 78 points which is good for fifth place in the Western Conference. They concluded a strong February prior to the break going 4-1-1, and if they keep it up can reach their first playoff spot since the pre-lockout days of the 2001-2002 season.
- With the success of the US men’s hockey team, NBC finally came to their senses and decided to broadcast the semifinals game against Finland live. We can all see it on NBC4 at noon.
LA Clippers at Phoenix Suns. 6:00 pm FS Prime Ticket, AM 980 KFWB.
Philadelphia 76ers at LA Lakers. 7:30 pm FSWest, AM 710 KSPN.