LAist's Free Gig Guide
The days are getting shorter, but that's no excuse to stay at home. Have fun without emptying your pockets. Unless otherwise noted, all performances are free.
- Shakti Foundation presents a program of classical Indian music and dance at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center at 6pm. Call (310) 781-7171.
- DJs Michael Stock and Benjamin White of Part Time Punks continue their two month residency at MOCA at 6pm. Kinky takes the stage at 8pm, followed by a spoken word performance by David St. John. The evening is free with general museum admission. Call (213) 621-1734.
- Catch the Rainwater Bluegrass Band at the Hollywood Farmers Market, from 8am-noon. Call (323) 463-3171.
- The Young Jazz Alliance perform at Vroman’s Bookstore in Pasadena at 5pm. For information, call (626) 398-3344.
- Violinist Bing Wang and pianist Vicki Ray play for the LACMA Sundays Live Series. The show starts at 6pm. Call (323) 857-6234.
- DJs Michael Stock and Benjamin White spin post-punk, mutant disco and indie 80s-90s at the echo at 10pm.
- Carlos Guitarlos hits The Liquid Kitty at 10pm. For info, call (310) 473-3707.
- The Oohlas continue their residency at the echo. Fly Better Broken open the night, with Toys That Kill and Tarzana wrapping up the evening. The doors open at 8:30pm and the show starts at 9pm. For details, call (213) 413-8200.
- Run Run Run continue their residency at Spaceland. Doors open at 8pm and the show begins at 9pm. Call (323) 661-4380
- Oliver Future and My Sexual Dad open for One Of The Loudest Tragedies Ever Heard at the Silverlake Lounge. The first show starts at 9pm. Call (323) 666-2407