Extra, Extra: Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Stay in school kids, especially if you live in the Valley. Yesterday the truant police hauled in 137 middle and high school kids who were ditching classes and chilling in public.
- 5 members of a church group were involved in an accident this morning on the eastbound Pomona Freeway. Sadly, three of the victims were killed and the others injured. The driver had been speeding and lost control of the vehicle.
- Same sex couples saying I do? If a proposal to ban gay marriage goes on the ballot this fall, the Governator says he'll say no you don't!
- The former Robinson's May store at 9900 Wilshire might be getting a new identity soon. The city of Beverly Hills "approved a condominium and retail development" there--right where Wilshire intersects Santa Monica.
- Hipsters beware: "There is no joy in hipster hell."
- Straight from the horror movie script reject pile: A rabid bat was found in Griffith Park.
- It's getting hot in here...so chill out and check out some of the suggestions for coastal things to do this weekend thanks to the Beach Blog.
- Is that an iguana in your pocket or are you just...nevermind.