This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: The Wildfire Timeline
- Orlando Bloom will not be prosecuted after an October 12th incident in which he injured his two passengers in a car crash involving parked cars. He said he was avoiding a photographer who suddenly changed lanes. Seeing these paparazzi in action, we suspect it was them who caused the crash, most likely on purpose for some higher dollar photo sales.
- Starting from last week today, the San Jose Mercury News has a great timeline of this past week's wildfires.
- Profiled in a 2003 Newsweek article as an up-and-coming player, 33-year-old fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander pleaded not guilty in a Los Angeles court on Thursday to 59 counts for sexually assaulting 20 teenage girls and young women, allegedly luring them with promises of modeling jobs.
- Eek! Lots and lots and lots and lots of avocados were destroyed in the fires. le sigh...
- Not fun: as four workers replaced ceiling light bulbs in the Gas Building last night downtown, the scaffolding folded sending the workers 30 feet to the ground. All were injured, one in critical.
- The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston is given kudos for working with Italy in returning artifacts to the European Union country. Locally, the Getty is merely mentioned.
- People are just not getting it. Molesting ducks is illegal in LA County.
- Creepy LA lists the five best amateur backyard haunts that are not to be missed. It includes one of our favs - Bony Island in Sherman Oaks.