Extra, Extra: The Wildfire Timeline
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Orlando Bloom will not be prosecuted after an October 12th incident in which he injured his two passengers in a car crash involving parked cars. He said he was avoiding a photographer who suddenly changed lanes. Seeing these paparazzi in action, we suspect it was them who caused the crash, most likely on purpose for some higher dollar photo sales.
- Starting from last week today, the San Jose Mercury News has a great timeline of this past week's wildfires.
- Profiled in a 2003 Newsweek article as an up-and-coming player, 33-year-old fashion designer Anand Jon Alexander pleaded not guilty in a Los Angeles court on Thursday to 59 counts for sexually assaulting 20 teenage girls and young women, allegedly luring them with promises of modeling jobs.
- Eek! Lots and lots and lots and lots of avocados were destroyed in the fires. le sigh...
- Not fun: as four workers replaced ceiling light bulbs in the Gas Building last night downtown, the scaffolding folded sending the workers 30 feet to the ground. All were injured, one in critical.
- The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston is given kudos for working with Italy in returning artifacts to the European Union country. Locally, the Getty is merely mentioned.
- People are just not getting it. Molesting ducks is illegal in LA County.
- Creepy LA lists the five best amateur backyard haunts that are not to be missed. It includes one of our favs - Bony Island in Sherman Oaks.