Extra, Extra: Sorry, Your Home Does Not Exist.
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- Today in major LA Fire Department events: an early morning structure fire in North Hills sending smoke into the flight path of Van Nuys Airport, a big rig with a trailer overturned on the Southbound Harbor freeway causing a Sig Alert, and a medical emergency in the Hilton Hotel at Universal City where staff mixed ammonia & bleach solutions creating hydrochloric acid (oops!).
- Is it the second Thursday of the month? Ah, it is! That means Downtown Art Walk night!
- Something fucked up happened on Hollywood Blvd. today. Will Smith, Charlize Theron, and Jason Bateman were all eyewitnesses to the explosion or whatever it was.
- If you've got a dog, especially a puppy, get them vaccinated for Canine parvovirus when traveling north of Santa Barbara.
- What if you went to the city to get some permits to build an addition on your house and they told you your home does not exist? Dayam.
- National Public Radio talks up the proposed two-year moratorium that would limit the number of new fast food restaurants opening in South Los Angeles.
- MySpaceTV getting some ground: Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick's internet TV show, Quarterlife, will begin in November with 36 8-minute episodes about six young adults in a big city who all long for careers as artists.
- "Class of 2020" will be 13 years in the making, following LAUSD students from their first day of school to graduation on NBC's Today.