Extra, Extra: Sorry, Your Home Does Not Exist.
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Today in major LA Fire Department events: an early morning structure fire in North Hills sending smoke into the flight path of Van Nuys Airport, a big rig with a trailer overturned on the Southbound Harbor freeway causing a Sig Alert, and a medical emergency in the Hilton Hotel at Universal City where staff mixed ammonia & bleach solutions creating hydrochloric acid (oops!).
- Is it the second Thursday of the month? Ah, it is! That means Downtown Art Walk night!
- Something fucked up happened on Hollywood Blvd. today. Will Smith, Charlize Theron, and Jason Bateman were all eyewitnesses to the explosion or whatever it was.
- If you've got a dog, especially a puppy, get them vaccinated for Canine parvovirus when traveling north of Santa Barbara.
- What if you went to the city to get some permits to build an addition on your house and they told you your home does not exist? Dayam.
- National Public Radio talks up the proposed two-year moratorium that would limit the number of new fast food restaurants opening in South Los Angeles.
- MySpaceTV getting some ground: Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick's internet TV show, Quarterlife, will begin in November with 36 8-minute episodes about six young adults in a big city who all long for careers as artists.
- "Class of 2020" will be 13 years in the making, following LAUSD students from their first day of school to graduation on NBC's Today.