This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: West Adams as Black WeHo. Call it WeAd
- JetBlue to match Virgin's prices to NYC
- The final offer has been submitted by the union of clerks for the LA and Long Beach Ports. If not accepted, strikes could begin Monday, stopping work for 40% of cargo container traffic in the country. 15,000 longshoremen of a different union have also agreed to honor the picket lines.
- West Adams, or WeAd is the black WeHo.
- Harry Potter Fools! Why wait for hours at a bookstore when you could have gone to Ralphs at midnight?
- Planetizen asks if downtown is finally a real neighborhood due to the new Ralphs grocery store.
- There will be a memorial for downtown activist Joel Bloom in the Arts District tomorrow.
- Last minute plans? Try our classical pick of the week at Grand Performance tonight - Tambuco. And yes, it's free.
- A look into the Madonna and Justin Timberlake collaboration.
Photo by Zach Behrens/LAist