Everybody Loves Betty
The fans pressed against the barricades at Hollywood Boulevard movie premieres usually clamor for hunky leading men and sexy leading ladies, hoping to catch the attention of their favorite hot star they typically only get to see on celebrity buzz sites and in gossip rags.
Last night, however, at the red carpet premiere of the new film "You Again," fans couldn't get enough of 88-year-old Betty White.
Hailing the octogenarian star as their beloved "it" girl, fans made Betty masks and wrote signs pledging their love for the sweet but saucy actress who has been a showbiz staple for decades. Enjoying a current resurgence of popularity, White seems unflapped. She also continues to take advantage of the spotlight to help her favorite friends in need: Animals.
LAist loves Betty, too:
- Wearing White: Betty White's Clothing Line Debuts Next Month
- GLAZA Honors Betty White at its Annual Beastly Ball with Creatures Both Great and Small
- TV Junkie: White Does Right
- Betty White Prefers Her Wieners Naked
- Interview: Betty White - She Receives Lifetime Achievement Award at the SAG Awards Tonight