This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Does Tom Cruise Have a New Movie or Something?
LAist has a feeling that Tom Cruise, Scientology's patron saint, must be in the midst of the promotion campaign for Mission: Impossible III. How else can we explain the recent spate of TC and/or TomKat articles popping up, like everywhere, lately? Let's scan the headlines and find out what our boy's been up to in the past week or so, shall we?
- With Isaac "Chef" Hayes quitting South Park, the Scientology episode scandal came to light. Word on the street was that Tom Cruise had something to do with getting the episode in question pulled. He had threatened to not do the publicity for MI3 if sister station Comedy Central aired the episode. But you can view it here, by the way.
- Tom runs a tight ship (on set, not space), according to co-star Jonathan Rhys-Meyers.
- He's getting sued by a stunt guy for ruining his sex life. (Steven Scott Wheatley suffered serious burns, and according to TMZ.com, "... Wheatley and his wife, Mary, are also suing for loss of consortium (marital relations)."
- A Berlin-based tabloid reported that TomKat will get married this summer. "First the baby, then the film," he was quoted as saying. "Then, in summer, we want to get married. I won't let this woman get away."
- And tonight on Entertainment Tonight and in the upcoming Parade Magazine, he'll chat about his dyslexia, his father-issues and of course, his newest child. And, no, we're not talking about Katie.
(Though there's still time for her to run...and take the TomKitten, too.)
Flickr photo from maidelba