Coachella 2011: When Kanye Was In Indio Land, Let My Platform Glow
Coachella 2011 concluded its triple shot, sun-splattered slumber party with Simon Le Bon, Kanye West, Simon Le Bon, Kanye West, Simon Le Bon, Kanye West and Simon Le Bon. And Kanye West. On a glowing platform.
Amid rumors of an all-star lineup, West performed defiantly alone against an art-carved stone backdrop while shadowed by 20 or so dancers interpreting his three-act, me me me to mom mom mom tragedy like a personal Greek chorus.
Sunday also saw The Strokes struggle to touch the crowd, Death From Above 1979 start a(nother) near-riot, and PJ Harvey communing with inner spaces ala autoharp (and outer spaces via head-feather spikes).
Rihanna, Usher, and Katy Perry proved they were there to watch not guest star, The National faced off for airtime against a real empire during a so-fine flashback of old-guard new wavers Duran Duran, and "I Could Be Wrong," but pretty sure Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig made a cameo with Chromeo.
We'll meet again, Coachella. Don't know where, don't know when. But likely it'll be 300 and 60-ish days from now in roughly the same place.
- Coachella 2011: We're All Stuck Out In The Desert & We're Gonna Die... With Jeff Goldblum
- Coachella 2011: OFWGKTA=OMGWTFBBQ, Cee-Lo Stops Believin', Lauryn Hill Sails, Kings Of Leon Go Unshirtless, Chemical Brothers Serenade The All-Night Roller Rink
- Coachella 2011: Top 10 Bands Not To Miss (Day 3)
- Coachella 2011: Top 10 Bands Not To Miss (Day 2)
- Coachella 2011: Top 10 Bands Not To Miss (Day 1)
- Coachella 2011 Set Times Announced: Got Conflicts?
- Eat Your Heart Out, Coachella: A Food Guide For The Desert
- Coachella 2011 Lineup Announced!
- Video: Tiny Ant People Set Up A City At Coachella