Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

Arts and Entertainment

Beverly Hills 'Housewives' to Be Re-Cut Following Russell Armstrong Suicide

LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.

Bravo has revealed they intend to re-edit footage from the upcoming season of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" following the suicide of one of the cast members' estranged husband.

Russell Armstrong, 47, was found hanging Monday evening in his home on Mulholland Drive. His wife, Taylor, had filed for divorce in July, and it was expected that one of the season's plotlines would be the couple's troubles, according to Show Tracker.

"Watching Taylor's marriage to "Cowboy" Russell over the [first] season was often heart-breaking," reads a caption for a photo of a sad Taylor on the Bravo website for the series. "Even as Taylor admitted that the marriage was '80 percent business, 20 percent romance,' we saw her push for more of the latter in her arrangement (and thankfully the pair now says things are on the up and up)," they conclude. Alas, that appears to not be the case.

Bravo has not indicated how they intend to proceed with the re-editing, or to what extent it will lessen the appearance of Russell Armstrong in the series. Shortly after Armstrong's sudden death, there was much speculation about what would become of his contribution to the show, and if Bravo would adjust the scope of the series. Show Tracker explains:

Support for LAist comes from
The network's announcement comes after family members already expressed their views on how the situation should be handled. A nephew of Armstrong appeared on "Good Morning America" earlier in the week saying footage of the 47-year-old should be edited out. Armstrong's attorney, Ronald Richards, told ShowTracker that Armstrong's mother and father not only want footage of Armstrong taken out, but also footage of those associated with him -- which would include Taylor and the couple's daughter Kennedy.

"The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," is so far still expected to premiere on September 5th.