Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

Arts and Entertainment

Photos: Ashley Greene's West Hollywood Apartment Catches Fire, 'Twilight' Actress' Dog Perishes

LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.

Actress Ashley Greene's West Hollywood apartment went up in flames this morning, destroying the unit itself as well as the contents therein. Greene, of "Twilight" fame, lost one of her two dogs to the blaze, reports TMZ.

The pup was hiding under the bed during the fire, and passed away at the scene. Greene's other dog was rescued and taken to animal control to be checked.

According to the gossip site, Greene's brother and assistant had been going in and out of the unit all morning.

No one was seriously hurt, however three people were treated for minor injuries. Other residents reportedly tried to help put the fire out, but to no avail. At least seven fire trucks were deployed to extinguish the blaze. Greene was apparently not home when the flames broke out.

Support for LAist comes from

Here's video of the blaze:

UPDATE: TMZ is reporting that an unattended candle is to blame in the blaze. Law enforcement sources told the website that a candle lit the living room couch on fire—and it spread from there.