Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

Arts and Entertainment

Photos: Amber Rose Hosts Second Annual SlutWalk In L.A.

LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.

Last year, the first ever SlutWalk took over downtown and sent out a call to stop slut-shaming and sexual abuse. It was so well-attended that Amber Rose—who founded the event—decided to bring it back again this Saturday.

This year's showing took place at Pershing Square and saw the likes of Blac Chyna, Perez Hilton, and Playboy playmate Kendra Wilkinson Baskett in attendance. The event was funded by donations made to its Crowdrise page—according to the site the event raised over $22,000.

As Rose told People in May, the first SlutWalk had been misconstrued by many. "Last year people didn't quite understand what a SlutWalk was," said Rose. "The number one misconception was people assuming that it was a walk to promote prostitution or promiscuity, which is really stupid. That's the total opposite of what it was." Refinery 29 reports that protesters were present to tell the event-goers to cover up their bodies, warning them that they were at risk for, you know, going to hell (somehow we think this only reinforces the message that SlutWalk is trying to project).

Also, this person brought this quaint little sign:

Support for LAist comes from


As evidenced on Twitter, many attendees said that the event imbued them with a sense of empowerment:

Support for LAist comes from

And Joanne The Scammer stepped onto the catwalk:

There's no concrete word on where/when/if the next SlutWalk will happen. But it seems like a foregone conclusion that it'll be back next year: