A.M. News: The $100,000 Pizza & More
- A delivery man was robbed of 1 large and 2 medium pizzas in Costa Mesa. The suspects were caught in their car just as they were about to go munchie. The six of them have bail set at $100,000 each for robbery, conspiracy and possession of stolen property. (CBS2)
- Art costs too much in Los Angeles. Example: $22 to get into Magritte at LACMA. "That pretty much guarantees that the only people under 35 who are going to see Magritte-and-pals are Ron Burkle's kids and David Geffen's cabana boys." (LAO)
- Debit cards for immigrants to be offered in Los Angeles (AP via Courier Post)
- Nice lede: "Just weeks away from retirement, Los Angeles County's top administrator offered a frank assessment Wednesday, saying that the major problems facing the region — such as overcrowded jails, failing medical services, chronic homelessness — are for the most part intractable." (LAT)
- The CHP is fighting a new problem - Suicide. Not among the public, but of their own.
- It's not Mortal Kombat, it's Moral Kombat, a documentary on the history of video game violence.
Photo by xxjetlab via the LAist Flickr Pool