All My Children has Shape-shifters
All My Children (AMC) is really starting to piss me off. I am not a big soap fan, but my mother started me watching AMC when I was a little kid. So I have watched the characters grow up, get married and have kids in their little imaginary town of Pine Valley. Over the years, I have learned the basic rules of life in Pine Valley:
1. No wedding goes uninterrupted
2. No one stays in prison (but everyone goes to jail)
3. Everyone has an evil twin
4. Children either age very slowly or very quickly (Jamie, JR, Colby)
5. Three words - switched at birth (Miranda/Little Adam)
6. The dead do not stay dead (Phillip Brent, Dixie, Tad, Stuart, Alexander Cambius senior and junior).
7. Even with a dead body, the actor can still return as a twin (Frankie/Maggie Natalie/Janet) or a ghost (Jesse, Natalie).
Pine Valley is a little town in Pennsylvania with a lake, mountains, international airport, and an ocean. The dead don't ever stay dead. Every Christmas, a magic wish is granted, and sometimes ghosts of dead characters lend a helping hand. Even with all of this suspension of belief, it is still annoying when they re-cast characters. According to the unwritten rules, to re-cast a character, that person has to be gone for an extended length of time, preferably with amnesia. It seems like all of a sudden, AMC wants to start changing all the rules.