Does Anyone Want to Talk About Charlie Sheen?
Yesterday evening, a broadcaster at LA's KNX 1070 remarked on air that it took a major world news event to bump Charlie Sheen and his scene-stealing antics off the front pages. But for those who clamor for more #winning reports from the realm of the troubled/triumphant actor, you shall not hunger. Here's your basic primer on the current status of Charlie Sheen('s career).
- Sheen "interrupted" last night's "Jimmy Kimmel Live," and the appearance included a smooch between Sheen and Kimmel.
- The "web rumor mill" went into overdrive yesterday with reports that Sheen was in talks with CBS to go back to his sitcom (which, apparently, people watch?). However, as the LAT Showtracker blog notes, this is not likely to happen, since that would mean some serious mended fences between the ousted Sheen and Warner Bros. studios, as well as some hefty negotiations.
- Charlie Sheen is NOT high...on drugs.
- The restraining order against Sheen to protect wife Brooke Mueller and the couple's twin sons expires today, and "the scheduled hearing to make more permanent the restraining order [...] was taken off the calendar," according to LA Now.
- Tickets are being snatched up like
hotcakes free cocainesomething for "Charlie Sheen's Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option" live tour, which begins next month, but does not have a stop in Los Angeles. (Maybe because we live in the midst of his live shenanigans?)
Okay, you're all caught up--at least enough to chime in at parties or office water cooler gab sessions where the topic is "How about that crazy Charlie Sheen?!"