Road Rage Dr. Who Attacked Cyclists Pleads 'Not Guilty'
Where one of the cyclists' face went through Dr. Thompson's window. His nose became "detached." | Photo: Chris Roberts
Dr. Christopher Thomas Thompson pleaded not guilty today to charges following a July 4th incident where he slammed on his breaks causing one cyclist's face to partially smash through the back window and sending another one rolling on the ground.
Thompson told police, before he was arrested, he wanted to teach the cyclists a lesson. Mandeville Canyon in Brentwood is a popular but narrow hillside road for groups of cyclists.
The LA Times finds that he faces a handful of charges:
- one felony count of reckless driving causing injury
- two felony counts of battery with serious injury
- two counts of causing “great bodily injury” to the cyclists while attempting to commit a felony
- one count of mayhem for other severe injuries to one of the cyclists
- one count of misdemeanor reckless driving causing injury in an incident with another cyclist on the same road in March
A trial is set for March 6, but his attorney plans to get the charges dismissed.