Extra, Extra: Tip Your Waitress
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- After heisting a rental car that was just about to be rented out, a woman led police on a wild three-county tour of SoCal which ended with her being put out by a spike strip. The chase began in Anaheim and ended near Camp Pendleton.
- A pot bust took place late last night in a gated community in El Monte, netting cops 1,000 plants and three arrests.
- Internet threats made against other students has landed a Hacienda Heights teen in big trouble. Glen A. Wilson High School was shut down today while authorities investigated the situation.
- Something is stanky in Laguna Beach (and it isn't a castmember from an MTV "reality" show). A massive sewage leak has held the town's main roadway, Coast Highway, hostage for over 24 hours now.
- The LAFD used an airlift to rescue a man who had fallen 100 feet while hiking in Topanga State Park. He suffered leg and shoulder injuries.
- Keep it simple, stupid! An OC businessman's answer to why he's planning to re-open his underground swingers club: "Sex sells." Yup.
- Deep End Dining's Eddie Lin was brave enough to check out Ford's Filling Station's "Head to Tail" meat fest, and has a full write up with video on the blog. How was it, you ask? Positively offal. Ba-dum-dum.