Extra, Extra: More Green For Your Scene
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The elderly women known as the 'Black Widows' have been found guilty of murder conspiracy. Partial verdicts were read today against 77-year-old Helen Golay and 75-year-old Olga Rutterschmidt for their roles in two murders.
- A 27-year-old man from Sherman Oaks jumped to his death this morning from an overpass on the 210 Freeway at Sierra Avenue in Fontana. He had left his car running and fled from the police when they arrived on scene to try to talk him down.
- The county corner ais turning to the public for help in identifying a John Doe corpse that was discovered on April 2nd, fully clothed and lying behind a building in Glendale. An autopsy did not reveal a cause of death.
- If only there'd been a giant lime sign, and a giant salt one, maybe Long Beach could have made the best of a giant sign advertising tequila. Instead, it's gotta come down.
- Bloggers making news in Monrovia: The City Council there addressed allegations made by local political web voices about "compensation for council members or for the city manager," and responding by saying there was none.
- Today's LA Times food section explores the thriving expat culture found in the city's Hong Kong-style coffee shops. They're described as "diner-style, comfort-food depots where a quirky range of global-fusion cravings can be allayed at any hour."
- Going Metro just got a lot greener. Now fans of the city's transit system can show their pride by sporting green-themed gear. You can get yourself a "t-shirt, baby onesie, and lanyard with an eco-twist" says MetroRiderLA at the Metro online store.
- Want in on a great opportunity to catch Portishead live? There's still time to enter our contest...