Extra, Extra: Round, Round, Get Around
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A 16-year-old boy who shot at a police car in Boyle Heights last night remains at large today.
- Details are clearing things up about what was first reported as a drive-by shooting that took place on Ventura Blvd. last night; turns out it was two employees of a smoke shop who were shot. The assailants entered the store through the back entrance.
- The body of 62-year-old Dean Gordon Christy was found yesterday in the Green Valley Lake are a. Christy, a North Hollywood resident and beloved Glendale teacher, was an avid outdoorsman who was first reported missing three months ago.
- George Russell Weller, the elderly man behind the wheel for a horrific accident at the Santa Monica Farmer's Market in 2003, has paid only $500 of the tens of thousands of dollars in fines and restitution he owes. The 91-year-old is appealing his 2006 conviction.
- After a 45-day shut down for sediment removal, water facility Pyramid Lake reopened today.
- Myrna who? Alumni of Venice High have begun a campaign to bring a decades-old statue of actress Myrna Loy out of storage and back on display on the campus. Loy was popular in the 30s on the screen, and her statue became popular in recent years as the object of pranks.
- EaterLA has their weekly roundup of celeb spottings up, and normally we wouldn't care, but their first report is about rocker Dave Grohl spotted dining at Mozza on Wednesday... LAist, however, spotted him just a few hours earlier than his dinner at our favorite East Valley cafe. Dave, my how you get around!