Extra, Extra: Bird On a Wire
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- The "severely decomposed" body of an infant has been found in Santa Ana. An area resident saw a dog playing with something unusual, which turned out to be the baby, whose body has been taken to the Orange County coroner's office for an autopsy.
- Police may now be ruling yesterday's 101 freeway death a suicide, reports the Daily News. Initial reports intimated 20-year-old Marlon Sical's fatal gunshot wound and subsequent car crash came from a car-to-car dispute, however as the investigation continues authorities believe Sical killed himself in reaction to his 19-year-old girlfriends suicide-by-hanging, which occurred earlier this weekend.
- 3rd time's a charm, or so they say: Los Angeles Times Staff Writer David Zahniser writes about having his '89 Camry stolen for the third time. Not fun!
- Good news for cancer treatment out of UCLA's research labs today. The nanoimpeller "operates inside a living cell and can store anti-cancer drugs inside tiny pores and release them into cancer cells in response to light."
- A man attempting to steal copper wires from a building in El Monte was discovered dead when firefighters arrived on scene to battle the fire that broke out as a result of his tampering with the electrical panel.
- Know before you go: Caltrans has some closures tonight and for the next few nights on the 405 between the 110 and 105. Northbound I-405 : Tonight & tomorrow night 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. – North- & southbound I-110 connector; tonight through Thursday, April 3 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Up to 4 lanes and the HOV lane at Vermont Avenue; Wednesday and Thursday 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. – 2 lanes between El Segundo Blvd and Rosecrans Ave. Southbound I-405: Thursday 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. – Up to three lanes and the HOV lane between Redondo Beach Blvd and Hawthorne Blvd.