Extra, Extra: Bird On a Wire
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The "severely decomposed" body of an infant has been found in Santa Ana. An area resident saw a dog playing with something unusual, which turned out to be the baby, whose body has been taken to the Orange County coroner's office for an autopsy.
- Police may now be ruling yesterday's 101 freeway death a suicide, reports the Daily News. Initial reports intimated 20-year-old Marlon Sical's fatal gunshot wound and subsequent car crash came from a car-to-car dispute, however as the investigation continues authorities believe Sical killed himself in reaction to his 19-year-old girlfriends suicide-by-hanging, which occurred earlier this weekend.
- 3rd time's a charm, or so they say: Los Angeles Times Staff Writer David Zahniser writes about having his '89 Camry stolen for the third time. Not fun!
- Good news for cancer treatment out of UCLA's research labs today. The nanoimpeller "operates inside a living cell and can store anti-cancer drugs inside tiny pores and release them into cancer cells in response to light."
- A man attempting to steal copper wires from a building in El Monte was discovered dead when firefighters arrived on scene to battle the fire that broke out as a result of his tampering with the electrical panel.
- Know before you go: Caltrans has some closures tonight and for the next few nights on the 405 between the 110 and 105. Northbound I-405 : Tonight & tomorrow night 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. – North- & southbound I-110 connector; tonight through Thursday, April 3 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Up to 4 lanes and the HOV lane at Vermont Avenue; Wednesday and Thursday 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. – 2 lanes between El Segundo Blvd and Rosecrans Ave. Southbound I-405: Thursday 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. – Up to three lanes and the HOV lane between Redondo Beach Blvd and Hawthorne Blvd.