Extra, Extra: Now What Are We Going to Do?
Red Shoes makes for a nice contrast with the distinctive blue tile floor of Silver Lake's Intelligentsia Coffee
- Van Nuys is real nice, isn't it, Senator Obama? Today the Democratic presidential nominee hopeful held a roundtable discussion in the residence of supporter Mimi Vitello in beautiful Van Nuys. Today's visit is part of Obama's local campaign efforts and his desire to meet with those who have fallen victim to the country's tough economy.
- And speaking of Van Nuys, authorities there are asking the public's help in locating a 20-year-old autistic and mildly retarded man who went missing on Friday. Ernesto Robles is described as being 5'10" and 160 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. The young man, who only speaks Spanish, "has a scar on the right side of his head" and was last seen "wearing a gray T-shirt and blue jeans" near Vanowen and Woodman.
- Will there be Grammys? Producers of the annual awards show are asking for an interim agreement to allow striking writers to pen some witty banter for music's most eloquent orators to use during next month's broadcast. The WGA says: "Uhmmmmm, probably not." Looks like Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Amy Winehouse et al will have to wing it.
- Two fourteen-year-old girls from Newport Harbor High have been arrested for participating in a beating that they videotaped and posted on MySpace. The three clips, totalling seven minutes, showed the physical assault against a girl from rival Ensign Intermediate, who suffered bruises and scrapes, but did not require hospitalization. The video was ordered removed from the site.
- No autographs, please! The request has been issued by UCLA on behalf of famed former coach John Wooden, who still draws attention when he's at games. The 97-year-old legend reportedly gets weary of autograph hounds and wishes to just kick back and enjoy the game.
- An arrest has been made in Friday's attempted kidnapping of a Bell Gardens High School Student. Hector Guandique was taken into custody overnight for allegedly grabbing the young lady near the campus; she was able to successful fight off her 21-year-old attacker.
- Gratuitous celebrity news of the day (and, no, it's not about Britney): After only 15 days of wedded bliss, Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds have decided to scrap their marriage.
- Can you spell l-a-w-s-u-i-t? If you did it on Facebook's popular Scrabulous app you would score a coveted "bingo"--but you might not be able to play the game anymore if Mattel has any say in the matter. The makers of the Scrabble board game are asking Facebook to pull the app, claiming it violates their copyright. First spamming, now no Scrabulous? Say it ain't so, Facebook!