Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.

This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.


Woman Neglects to Tell 9-1-1 Dispatch She'd Struck a Pedestrian in Fatal Hollywood DUI Last Night

Before you
Dear reader, we're asking you to help us keep local news available for all. Your tax-deductible financial support keeps our stories free to read, instead of hidden behind paywalls. We believe when reliable local reporting is widely available, the entire community benefits. Thank you for investing in your neighborhood.

Photo by Iovine via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr

Photo by Iovine via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
28-year-old Anisha Hicks of San Leandro was arrested early this morning for her role in a Hollywood car crash that took the life of a 37-year-old man, according to KTLA. During her 9-1-1 call, however, Hicks did not report she'd struck a pedestrian as she lost control of her vehicle after exiting the 101 Freeway at Vermont Avenue.Hicks and a female passenger had just left the freeway shortly after midnight. According to responding officers, Hicks "lost control of her vehicle, crashed through the vegetation, struck a man then crashed into a tree." Dispatchers say they were not told that a person had been struck.

The CHP took nearly two hours to arrive on scene because officers "believ[ed] it was a low priority call."

Hicks' vehicle ultimately caught fire. Officers responding to the accident scene and the fire spotted the victim, as did another pedestrian. Adam Rodriguez had been "badly injured" and left to die before paramedics could arrive. The CHP say Hicks left the scene and then returned. They say that alcohol is a factor in the accident.