Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This

News

Craftsman Burns in Silver Lake

LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.

A fire in Silver Lake damaged the inside of craftsmen home next to a church just off Sunset Blvd. early this afternoon. Shortly before 1:40 p.m., an employee at The Living Room, a furniture store across the street from the house, called 911 to report the fire. The fire at 1418 Golden Gate was probably started by a water heater, fire officials said after their preliminary investigation. The first story was well-involved when seven LAFD companies (that's around 40 firefighters) arrived as it extended into the second floor and attic. At 2:08 p.m., the fire was knocked down.