This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: HIV Tainted Transfusions at Cedars-Sinai
- Stubborn week old fire in Northern Santa Barbara County still not contained.
- Fire in Banning took 19 acres before it was under control after 45-minutes.
- Orange County bus strike could be now over.
- "The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of L.A. will reportedly fork over the largest payout to date in the church's sexual abuse scandal."
- "At least 33 infants were infected in the 1980s by HIV-tainted transfusions at Cedars-Sinai."
- L.A. is the #4 Best City For Young Professionals.
- Hobos Flee Burning NoHo Junkyard.
- Steven Seagal gets Opri'd.
- About 930 clerks who push paper for the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach could go on strike tonight.
- Eight beautiful photos of the Pismo Beach Sand Dunes.
- As of May, there are 873 designated historic monuments in the city of Los Angeles.