Extra, Extra: Around the blogLAsphere in 8 links
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- A million people can't be wrong, right? Metro has released six well-produced television spots featuring a man
harassinginterviewing Metro riders on why they Go Metro. MetroRiderLA says he might be a little "douchey," yet the spots will most likely and hopefully be effective. We think it will too, especially for those who like to have more time to play Soduku.
- One of the photos taken early last week amidst the wildfires was one of Orange County firefighters getting trapped in the flames and using their fire shelters. It's now getting national attention and LAObserved hints towards Pulitzer Prize material.
- Red Spot at Mayor Sam reacts to Daily News' editorial called "Tell the truth," where they ask Mayor Villaraigosa to come clean on the spin his office is producing on the "fiscal emergency" and phone tax "cut." Red Spot adds some questions of his own: "what about those '80 NEIGHBORHOOD WATCHES' he helped create?" Yeah, where is that list? Anyway, for this LAist author, the phone tax or tax cut or whatever you want to call it, is important to have, even if the Mayor's Office f-ed up when presenting it.
- Andrew at Here in Van Nuys has a little slice of life of do gooding: community clean ups.
- With all the wildfires talk, it serves as a good reminder that the Los Angeles Fire Department has a very well done and consistently updated blog.
- It was de-caring week over at GreenLAGirl's Emerald City blog last week. Tip #3: Green Taxi's, specifically Eco Limo or Euro Taxi, who she has plugged into her cell phone.
- People dressed up as famous paintings, or just very creatively at LACMA's Muse Party.
- Even dying and getting buried in LA is expensive. CurbedLA has some pricing.