Extra, Extra: Thanksgiving at LAX
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
Phew! Today, be thankful this is not you.
- Apparently, Arnold Schwarzenegger said this at one point: "I love Thanksgiving turkey... it's the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts."
- Parking in Beverly Hills is now a little better, just in time for Holiday shopping. Four parking structures will double their free parking from one to two hours. Residents, merchants and New York City retailers are rejoicing.
- 167 people in Riverside County had a not so happy start to their Thanksgiving weekend. The police impounded their cars at a check point for not having a valid drivers license.
- Did you deep fry your turkey at home today? The LA Fire Department is frowning at you now :(
- Not in the Holiday spirit: "A welfare worker stole more than $4,000 worth of bus tokens and passes meant for foster children and their families. A retirement agency employee fraudulently claimed nearly $90,000 in welfare benefits. And another welfare worker falsely told colleagues her father had died and took the money they donated to her in sympathy."
- With musical chairs being played in the city, will a now Valley-swayed DWP board of commissioners bring more fiscally conservative moves and rate increases to the department?
- Who would want to kill Bill Nye, the Science Guy? Apparently his ex-wife who tried to poison his vegetable garden in Studio City.
- Not celebrating Thanksgiving? You can join the heathens of Orange County at Cirque du Soleil's Corteo. Show starts at 8 p.m.
- What if you are stuck in LAX for Thanksgiving? Not to fear, Joe Brancatelli of Portfolio.com says our airport is one of the best places to be stuck in when it comes to dining options. Obviously, there is Encounter and El Cholo, yet he says the area surrounding the airport is rich with nearby options.