A.M. News: Dog Days & A Little More
We know. It's hot. And The L.A. Times makes sure you know it with about 10 billion heat/fire related articles in today's paper:
- Hot? Yes. Global Warming? Maybe.
- Heat Hits Deadly Levels
- In Woodland Hills, It's Just Too Darn Hot
- Fire Threatens Hillside Estates in L.A. Canyon
- Firefighters Are Priced Out of the City They Protect
- Cut Energy Use, Mayor Pleads
- How to Avoid Heat Dangers
Despite all those articles, Daily News has an interesting twist on the topic: Triple-digit heat puts an extra burden on Valley's homeless.
"They screwed up," Commissioner Nick Patsaouras said in an interview. "There was lack of a master plan, lack of looking forward, and a lack of accountability." - DWP admits its system is a lemon
Obligatory Link: Q & A about the new 310 area code changes.