Blue Ridge Fire: 2nd Orange County Blaze Prompts Evacuations In Yorba Linda
A second fire erupted Monday in Orange County, prompting evacuations in Yorba Linda.
The Blue Ridge Fire started near the Green River Golf Club earlier in the day and has so far burned more than 1,000 acres.
Evacuation orders were given for residents north of the 91 Freeway and east of Gypsum Canyon. Shortly after, the Hidden Hills community was put under mandatory evacuation orders.
This fire came just hours after a dangerous, fast-moving fire erupted farther south. The Silverado Fire has already scorched more than 7,000 acres and left two firefighters critically injured.
- Acreage: 1,120
- Containment: 0%
- Structures threatened: N/A
- Structures destroyed: None
- Resources deployed: Almost 200 firefighters
This fire is burning not far from the Silverado Fire. For more information on closures, evacuation centers, and more, see our coverage of that fire.
HOW WE’RE REPORTING ON THIS
This is a developing story. We fact-check everything and rely only on information from credible sources (think fire, police, government officials and reporters on the ground). Sometimes, however, we make mistakes and/or initial reports turn out to be wrong. In all cases, we strive to bring you the most accurate information in real time and will update this story as new information becomes available.
- Red Flag Warnings Issued. Why You Should Be Ready To Evacuate
- Every Day Is Fire Season. Here's How Angelenos Can Prepare Right Now
- How To Find Out About Fire Evacuations In Your Area
- How To Keep Yourself Safe From Wildfire Smoke
- The Air Is Brown — Should I Wear A Mask?
- This Is Why Fire Officials Don't Want You To Stay And Defend Your Home
- What Does 'Containment' Of A Fire Mean, Exactly?
- What Does A 'Red Flag Warning' Mean, Exactly?
- What To Do — And Not Do — When You Get Home After A Wildfire
- How To Avoid Getting Towed During LA's Red Flag Parking Restrictions
- If You Want To Help Fire Victims, Resist The Urge To Volunteer
YOUR QUESTIONS OR IDEAS