This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
AM Quickies for the AM Watercooler
- You know you've accomplished something good when you go outside and burn a couch. You know you've really accomplished something good when the cops shoot rubber bullets at UCLA kids - Daily Bruin
- You know the Gods of College Upsets are on OT when the unranked Gauchos of UCSB beat the favored Bruins for the national soccer championships. They still burn couches in IV don't they? - AP
- Congratulations Nick Douglas, who landed on his feet after being shown the door at Valleywag, and please say hi to your new co-worker for us. Yowza! - Huffington Post
- 22 Ways to Overclock Your Brain - Ririan Project
- Best Chinese food in Southern California reviewed by the New York Times - NYT via LAO
- TiVo alert: PBS will air a special on John Fante on 12/12 at 10pm TV Squad
- A beautiful woman with a big rack who knows how to use em - Live Leak
- Where did Britney Spears go for her 25th birthday? To the LA Zoo of course. Mostly because she missed the scent of her ex-husband. Awwwww. - Hollywood Rag
- Want to hear olde fashioney Christmas music on the radio? Don't turn to K-EARTH. Seems theres a Scrooge over there - Franklin Avenue
- Jonathan Richman played Safari Sam's this weekend and all we got was this "eh" review - The Gaze
- After the Zoo, Britney went to Mr. Chow and she wore panties for all to see - Hot Momma
- Your Governor wants a two-day party to celebrate his re-election - LA Times
- Not only does she get naked with the dude from Coldplay, but now she's dissing the USA. Gwyneth, you are now officially off our extremely long list of irritating women who we'd get it on with - breitbart
- Funny cuz it's true: Washington Post names Bush worst president ever - Washington Post
photo by Lush.i.ous via LAist Featured Photos
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.