This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
AM Quickies - Fire Chief in Hot Water May Hang It Up
- LAFD Chief will probably fire himself today - LA Times
- New MagLight flashlight capable of lighting things on fire - Extreme Geek
- Local blogger Perez Hilton sued for $7.5 million by a group of paparazzi companies for illegally using their photos on his often unfunny and callous gossip blog - TMZ
- Will Eddie Murphy return for Beverly Hills Cop IV? - Ain't It Cool
- George Clooney will star in the final James Ellroy "L.A. quartet" film - Hollywood Reporter
- Hummer owner Arnold Schwarzenegger tells the press at the LA Auto Show that people should invest in green vehicles - Netscape
- Download a movie off AOL tomorrow for free - TechCrunch
- The 70s are making a comeback - Weather.com
- He plays football to get back at everyone who made fun of his ridiculously unfortunate name - ESPN
- Jay Leno sues over jokes. Wait, Jay Leno has jokes? - Access Hollywood
- CNET's Senior Editor and his family are missing - Engadget
photo by aisipos