AM News: Muslim clinic, Slave in LA, Dope attorney
- The first charitable Muslim medical institution in the US was founded in South Central LA. The UMMA clinic was started by UCLA students in 1996 and was honored recently with a special address on the floor of the US House of Representatives by Maxine Waters.
- Two Egyptian Nationals who plead guilty for enslaving a 10 year old girl here in Southern California were given 2 years in prison and forced to pay $74k. But what's curious about the story is their description to what the child had to go through as a "slave". Mostly she had to be a Mommy. Yikes!
- LA's dopest attorney, known for defending those accused of marijuana-related crimes, plans on having a weekly newspaper that will spotlight LA bloggers. Because LA bloggers..? - Allison's Wonderland- Keith Olbermann's surge to widespread popularity began in LA when he dissed Rummy in front of the American Legion? - AP
- DJ Jiji Sweet, 100.3 The Beat's "Hustle Girl", explains the biggest lesson that she's learned during her 4-year run in the music biz, "That it's 150% grinding. People forget real easy in this business." - associated content
- Caroline on Crack tips a few fruity ones back at Trader Vic's, the last remaining tiki bar on Route 66 - Caroline on Crack