This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
AM News for a Thirsty Thursday
- Mayor Tony names LA's worst 11 gangs and announces that the city will aggressively go after each of them as they accounted for 6% of all LA violent crime - LA Times
- Malibu celebrates its new multi million dollar water treatment facility - AP
- The Police are rumored to announce their tour dates on Monday at the Whiskey... which is a club... where bands, you know, play - Winnipeg Sun
- Doug Krikorian wonders why it was so damned important to publicize the blood alcohol level of the USC kicker who fell off the cliff in San Pedro - SB Sun
- LA Times.com names Meredith Artley its executive editor - LAT
- Sarah Silverman has a funny interview in the Onion's AV Club - AV Club
photo by Malingering