This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Afternoon Newsie Quickies - But Thanks For My Babies
- The #1 downtown landowner, and major contributer of Mayor Tony's sure has a curious history of allegedly doing some horrible things - LA Weekly
- Homelessness up in Downtown! - LA Times
- Verizon's "Unlimited" EVDO plan is actually 5 Gigs a month - Cybernet
- Keith Richards is now flipflopping on his snorting of coke laced with dad story - MTV
- Britney to KFed "You’re the biggest mistake I’ve ever made, but thank you for my babies. - WWTDD
- Director of "A Christmas Story" died this morning on the PCH. He also produced "Porky's" - LAT
- Grambling Football Coach Eddie Robinson died yesterday at 88, the readers remember - Fox
- Walter Reed West? Five die in three months at the WLA VA Medical Center - LAT
- Frisco blogger spends more time in jail than any US journalist ever for refusing to turn over unpublished materials. Josh Wolf was released yesterday after he and the prosecutors work out a deal to post the videos on the web - LAT
- John Travolta experienced mid-air engine problems in the Boeing 707 he was piloting that forced him to make an emergency landing in Australia. Sounds like a bad spinoff of Lost - Daily Telegraph
- Reggie Bush banned from the Playboy Mansion? - AOL
photo by Lush.i.ous via LAist Featured Photos