This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Adoption Saturday and other Morning Newsiness
- Hey it's Adoption Saturday, so go downtown, and... well... we think they want us to adopt today - Met News
- Dude who said he should have been in the plane that crashed with Yankees pitcher Lidle in NY crashes in Big Bear - Daily Bulletin
- Wait, the Victoria's Secret models were in town and we were busy worrying about kids getting tased in a library?!?! - CBS
- Dudes who arent funny should probably not try - Daily Bruin
- Jay-Z shutting down Hollywood Blvd. Wednesday night to perform on Jimmy Kimmel. - ContactMusic
- If Microsoft cared about being green they'd add a few lines of code and save the world, but instead all they care about is making green - Foreign Policy
- Supe sez we need an LA County Mayor, LAist sez call the person the LA County Badass - Daily Breeze
- First they came for the cigarette smokers, but we didn't say anything because we only smoke blunts, then they came for the palm trees but we didn't say anything because WAIT NOT THE PALM TREES - LAT
photo by Emmanuelle Richard