This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
A Top 10 Look Into Sherman Oaks in 2006
3. A Sherman Oaks based political mailer caused controversy in the November election.
4. The Sherman Oaks Street Fair extended to a two day affair.
5. Resident Calvin Broadus, aka Snoop Dogg, made big news twice this year and the media always attached "of Sherman Oaks" when speaking his name.
6. American Idol Katharine McPhee represented.
7. Mexican restaurant favorite Casa Vega celebrated 50 years in business.
8. The largest and most well attended National Night Out block parties in all of Los Angeles were in East Sherman Oaks.
9. CANstruction came to Fashion Square.
10. Joe Barbera passed away in his Sherman Oaks home.
Photo taken on National Night Out in North Sherman Oaks