10 More Zipcars Added to LA Fleet, Will Park in Hollywood
Zipcar, the largest car sharing service in the world, announced yesterday they are expanding their Los Angeles fleet by adding 10 new cars, which will be parked and available for use in Hollywood.
The company's partnership with Los Angeles began back in September 2009, and with yesterday's addition, Zipcar now has 75 cars operating in Los Angeles, with many located near university campuses, including Loyola Marymount University, Occidental College, USC and UCLA.
These 10 new cars are in five Hollywood locations that Zipcar, the LADOT and Council District 13 specifically selected because of their heavy foot traffic, and proximity to bus lines and Metro stops. Those spots are:
- Vine Street between Sunset Boulevard and Selma Avenue
- Hollywood Boulevard and North Western Avenue
- Wilcox Avenue and Sunset Boulevard
- North Highland Avenue and Yucca Street
- Hollywood Boulevard and Ivar Avenue