Extra, Extra: One Week From Tonight, Lights Out LA
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Still don't have plans? There is plenty to do. Check out our Weekend Festival Guide and Halloween Events Guide
- With that in mind, when you have your Halloween Event, go green with an orange compact fluorescent bulb.
- At every Home Depot are day laborers hanging out, waiting for a chance at some work. The City is looking into an ordinance that could make stores of a certain size "set aside space for day laborers that includes plumbing facilities."
- "A mail-in strike authorization vote is set to conclude on Thursday. Some 12,000 members of the Writers Guild of America East and the Writers Guild of America West are widely expected to give their leaders authority to call a strike at any time after the Oct. 31 expiration of their contract with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers."
- There was a massive, massive, massive fiery crash on the 5 freeway last night leaving two dead.
- Who said living Victory Blvd. can't be cool? The mid-Valley is getting some of it's own mixed-use development and neighbors have mixed feelings.
- San Francisco is going lights out next Saturday night, so a local blog, Fade In, called for Los Angeles to do so. Whether or not connected to the blog's call to action, the County and the City said "why not, 'frisco has been planning for months, we'll do it in weeks."
- The City thinks it has a chance at winning in court, so it "rejected a proposed $16 million settlement in a case involving four police officers who were key figures in the Rampart Division scandal."
- Don't forget to enter to win tickets to see the extended director's cut of Planet Terror at Mann's Chinese