Watch Eminem's 5-Minute Freestyle Taking Down Trump And His Supporters
During Tuesday night's BET Awards in Los Angeles, Eminem appeared in a video, freestyling for nearly five minutes from a parking garage in Detroit. The focus of the cypher (according to NY Times, this was part of "BET Hip Hop Awards’ traditional cyphers, in which rappers typically aim to deliver showy verses") was, of course, President Trump. However, the rapper also went after Trump's supporters, declaring: "And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his, I'm drawing in the sand a line, you're either for or against, and if you can't decide who you like more and you're split on who you should stand beside, I'll do it for you with this. F*ck you." You can watch the full thing here:
Throughout he mentions Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Steve Bannon, and Colin Kaepernick, who replied on Twitter:
The video is called "The Storm," and here are some lines:
- "We better give Obama props 'cause what we got in office now is a kamikaze that will probably cause a nuclear holocaust while the drama pops"
- "Racism's the only thing he's Fantastic 4 cause that's how he gets his rock off, he's orange"
- "All these horrible tragedies and he's bored and would rather cause a Twitter storm"
- "Same shit that he tormented Hillary for and he slandered then does it more. From his endorsement of Bannon, support for the Klansman, tiki torches in hand for the solider that's black and comes home from Iraq and is still told to go back to Africa."
- "Trump, when it comes to giving a shit you're stingy as I am"
Not totally sure how rap battles work, but I believe Eminem is now the President of the United States of America.— andy lassner (@andylassner) October 11, 2017
Eminem will be releasing his 8th album soon, his first since 2013.
Here is disturbing flashback featuring both Trump and Eminem, in 2004 at “The Shady National Convention," a concert special that aired on MTV ahead of that year's presidential election.