ICYMI: Revisiting The Creepy Kids Book That Influenced Kim Gordon And Cindy Sherman
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- Revisiting The Lonely Doll, which is possibly the creepiest children's book ever published. It has inspired a great number of women artists, from Kim Gordon to Cindy Sherman.
- Black musicians speak about how they feel fenced in by expectations that they do either R&B or rap. “Being black and having a certain tone or look automatically makes people think you belong in one thing,” said D∆WN.
- One study says that it may be a sign of psychopathy when a boy doesn't laugh when other boys are laughing. Lol.
- Is this the worst, most nonsensical tweet that CNN has ever unleashed?
- Toys R Us' bankruptcy filing last week has sent shockwaves throughout the toy industry.
- Scientists believe they've found the oldest known life on Earth; they've run across organic material in Canada that's believed to be 3.95 billion years old.
- The Horrors are back with more of their brand of catchy, synthy darkness: