ICYMI: Metro Seeks To Shift Policing Duties From Sheriff's Department To LAPD And LBPD
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Art & Culture Editor Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- NIMBYs don't like things like transit and new housing. When Measure M (and company) passed on Election Day, it pretty much affirms that NIMBYs, though noisy, are but a small minority in our large population of regular people.
- Speaking of things NIMBYs don't like, Grove developer Rick Caruso is building a new residential tower next to the Beverly Center. No word on if it includes a trolly.
- Instead of contracting with the L.A. County Sheriff's Department for security, Metro is going to switch its strategy and hire local police departments to patrol buses and trains in their respective cities.
- Though we like to think of us far removed from the Third Reich, turns out that the Nazis kept a list of influential Angelenos sympathetic to the Nazi cause.
- People from not California are, apparently, also fascinated by the fact that Angelenos drive cars that don't rust. Apparently, cars from before the year 1990 are viewed as heirlooms in other, less civilized, parts of the country.
- The New Yorker is super late on the Death Valley superbloom. Remember, this happened back in February.
Actually, let's look at that video again. Here's the Death Valley superbloom: